Friday 27 January 2012

Psalm 18:16

Yesterday I learnt that it's okay to be vulnerable.

I've never had a defence mechanism implanted into me, but I struggled with allowing myself to be vulnerable before God. I wouldn't ever go up for prayer because I was thinking about what others thought of me, but also because I was scared of what God would do.
Before I came on the course, God really dealt with that, now I go up when I feel to, I don't care about what anyone else thinks. Except, I certainly forgot that it's okay to wear your heart on your sleeve, to put yourself on the line, really open up and be vulnerable, not just with God, but also people around me.

One of my good friends said to me, "Sometimes you have to say, 'Lord, my hope is in you, I trust you, I trust you will catch me if I fall and heal my pain'", then step out and be vulnerable.

So, from now on, I'm going to.

No comments: