Sunday 7 August 2011

005.

This blog post is going to be a little different from the others; more like a diary entry than an information packed post. I feel it neccessary to let you know how I am doing, and how I'm feeling about the process leading up to Soul61, as well as keeping you up to date with the finances and the up and coming events.

So, I've been feeling a little nervous of late! I hadn't really sat down and fully worked out my finances with mum until last week, and then it kind of dawned on me, it's coming so quickly! I started to doubt it all, of course an attack! I know God's gonna provide, he got me in, that's a miracle in itself. Just working out the finances, worried me a bit, I started thinking we ouldn't raise it, and I couldn't earn it. Then I chose to put my birthday money into the fund, which helped a lot, but meant I had to give up having a Macbook Pro! But, c'est la vie, this is where God wants me and that's all I want; to be where God wants me.

I'm getting increasingly excited, especially because I'm now off to spend 15 days in a field, with God, friends and music. My favourite things; bar the field... I am so excited about what God's got in store for me and the others, he never ceases to amaze me, and this year, I, myself am in a completely different place to where I was last year. I've kept up everything and not fallen away or gotten over 'Soul Survivor Fever'. So it's the next level this year. :)

I have been in contact with Soul61 a lot, they email me over more information every so often, recently they asked me to fill in a personal profile and add a picture! So hopefully, soon I'll have a collection of 35ish peoples personal profiles, and them having a mug of me too! Lovely. :)
As well as the personal profiles, Soul61 asked me if I was attending any of the 4 festivals, because they planned meetups with the others availbale those particular week, that are also attending Soul61. I looked a bit eager saying I was going to 3 out of 4... but it means I'll meet the majority of people! SO hopefully I'll come back home, knowing a few faces, that I'll be spending all my ten months with! Exciting stuff.

In other news, I was advised to apply for grants to up my finances; they're all very specific, but I applied to 8 different schemes. However, so far I've had no luck. I have 4 yet to get back to me, but the others said I didn't come under their banner. I knew it would be a longshot, because I was applying late, however even £50 here or there would help!

Leah
XXX

No comments: